Where Should I Start Reading the Bible?
Here some suggestions:
- It is important realize that the Bible is not an ordinary book to read from cover to cover. It is a collection of 66 books written by different authors in several languages. Any first reading of the Bible should begin with the Gospels, in the New Testament. You may start with the gospel of John, the 4th Book of the New Testament. It is simple and clear and introduces you to the essential plan of Salvation. Then you may chose the gospel of Mark, quick and fast-paced. Mark tells us what Jesus did, while John tells us what Jesus said and who Jesus was. Reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John ) will familiarize you with Christ’s life and ministry.
- The Bible can inspire not only the faithful or believers but anyone who seeks for answers in life. Many people already know some Bible verses and they might not know those words are written in the Holy Bible. 'Our father', for example, is prayed by many all over the world who may not realize that prayer is the pure word of God - Matthew 6:9.
- Epistles like (Romans, Ephesians, Philippians) teach us how to live our lives in a way that is honoring to God. You may also read the Old Testament: read the book of Genesis - it tells us how God created the world and how mankind fell into sin, as well as the impact that fall had on the world. Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy may be hard to read because they get into all the laws God required the Jews to live by. These are perhaps better left for later study. Reading Psalms through Song of Solomon will give you a good feel of Biblical poetry and wisdom. The prophetic books, like Isaiah and Daniel, are great books to read to understand deeper aspects of Christianity and the End Time - the time before Jesus second coming.
- Also, you may prefer reading selected Bible verses on a variety of topics: If so, click here.
What is a Christian and how do I become one?
- To become a Christian you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. Read about it HERE
- Do I need to join a denomination [church]? Read about it HERE
- How about Baptism? Read about it HERE
- How about Baptism in the Book of Acts? Read about it HERE
- What would you do? Read HERE
- Faith vs. works [rituals, ceremonies]- which one? Read HERE